Blog Focus On Health Care Supporters
Blog Focus is Technorati's daily roundup of the top stories as told by the bloggers of the world. Each day five posts, no matter how popular or nascent, will be selected by editors to portray a general unscientific reaction to discussion points around the 'Net.
Hooray! Health care has passed! Screw those detractors who oppose us, we're doing something great here!
It's quite a joyous occasion for those who have been waiting a long time for something resembling universal health care.
• AMERICAblog — We'll start off light, with Joe Sudbay still taking it all in: "As far as I can tell, the nation is still intact. The heads of a few teabaggers may have imploded, but that's the extent of the damage."
• Crooks and Liars — They who call themselves "karoli" lays out 10 immediate good results of the legislation. The final one: "Effective immediately, you can't lose your insurance because you get sick."
• The Moderate Voice — Joe Gandelman plays a game of "good news/bad news" with the whole process. His conclusion: "The OVERALL GOOD NEWS is that you can say 'the system worked.' The OVERALL BAD NEWS is that you can say 'well…almost.' "
• Think Progress — I think Matthew Yglesias likes it. But I'm not sure: "Now that it’s done, Barack Obama will go down in history as one of America’s finest presidents."
• Huffington Post — Oh, Michael Moore. This is no way to be an aggressive life coach. "Please, my Republican friends, if you can, take a quiet moment away from your AM radio and cable news network this morning and be happy for your country. We're doing better. And we're doing it for you, too."